Thursday, July 9, 2009

Walking, just keep walking.

Twitter synopis: Patting myself on the back for tonight's 10 mile walk into DC w/ my #pinkprayer teammate. Another 6 in the morning http://tinyurl.com/lpudqe

Ten miles. Sweet, I just walked 10 whole miles. That's pretty far. It took almost 3 hours.

Nicky or should I say my teammate and personal "slave-driver" kept me going.

While we were on the trail looking at DC over the Potomac, the Lincoln Memorial beckoned, so off we went over the Memorial Bridge. I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever crossed it as part of the foot traffic. We enjoyed the sun setting behind the memorial (I love Lincoln). The bustle of kickball teams and the sounds of the Marine Band playing big band tunes made the stretch near the memorials quite enjoyable.

Ooh, we also saw this guy being arrested. There were no less than 5 cop cars and one undercover vehicle as well. I wanted to gape, but Nicky reminded me of our goal--MILEAGE.


It's sorta fun--all this walking. You never know what you'll see.
My hamstrings might need a little more stretching, but there will be six more miles tomorrow morning to loosen 'em back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment